Thursday, May 2, 2013

Swamp Tag

I love my dog.

I'm not as big of a fan of my dog in spring weather.

Pepper and her new friend Ginger have discovered the unthawing swamp behind our house.  I can only imagine that it is probably the most fun they've ever had.  I'm not saying I don't agree.  I played a few wicked games of swamp tag growing up.... in the same swamp the dogs have just discovered.  Don't worry, from what I remember grandma had my cousins and I all cleaned up before our parents found out we'd spent the entire afternoon in the swamp.




At least you can't see the dirt on Pepper as much as you can on Ginger.  





Just look how happy they are.  By the end of the day, they are both completely exhausted.  It's a daily debate that hubby and I have to have

"Should we give puppy a shower tonight or just wait until she is just as filthy tomorrow?"  

But tonight when I came home from work, this filthy dog walked up to me and looked just like Pigpen from Charlie Brown.  The dust cloud just wafted around her. 



Too bad I can't capture that with an iPhone.

Tomorrow marks the start of my bi-weekly doctor appointments!  We're getting more and more excited to finally meet Baby Cook.  And Baby Cook is apparently just getting comfortable as he has found that there is a little extra room in my rib cage.  I've been hearing from people that I look really pregnant.

"You look really pregnant.  I mean, you look really good, but you're huge."

People mean well.  I'm not offended.  I've maybe even said that to a pregnant person before, I definitely never will again, but I can imagine saying those words thinking I was giving a compliment.

So I was curious... how pregnant do I look?  Well folks, my belly is a whopping 42 inches around.  I don't know what my belly was pre-pregnancy so I don't really know what I'm comparing to.  But I think this might be fun to keep track of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment