Friday, January 3, 2014

6 Months (and the problem with being a bit of a perfectionist)

So we finally got 6 month pictures taken!

Some of you probably laughed to see that I consider myself a perfectionist.  I'm kind of a mess sometimes (or maybe most of the time).  But when it comes to pictures I could drive myself crazy.  I want everything perfect.  I have everything planned out long before the day is here.  And then when things don't go as planned, the day comes and goes and I haven't taken a single picture.  Sometimes I just have to do them and force myself to be happy.  I'm trying to embrace the fact that at least I am still doing weekly and monthly photos.  Not every week has to be perfect.  So what if my baby will smile at everything except the camera.  Babies don't care if their pictures turn out exactly the way mom wants them to.  Right?

I had big plans for doing 6 month photos.  I was going to get out the background and lights and make a studio in my living room.

Well, that didn't happen.

I had big plans that my baby was going to grab his toes, too.  Seriously, it has always been one of my favorite baby poses.  They are so stinking cute when they grab their feet!

That didn't happen, either.

This did...


Maybe his way of telling me to get over it?  Just take the pictures already and be done with it?  ;)

I suppose they turned out cute even if they are not what I had planned.  At least part of his outfit still fit.











No comments:

Post a Comment