Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weekly Wednesday: 18

Today we had Cameron's 4 month well baby visit!  The pediatrician had lots of helpful advice for me, including a product called "Soothe."  He said that lots of mom's have good luck with it for babies with colic, so he thinks that might help if I decide to add dairy back into my diet.  We talked about starting solids.  I told him that I was planning to wait until 6 months.  He said that if I wanted, I could even start at 5 months.  I guess I haven't really thought much about it, but I guess we will see what happens.  Five months is not very far away!  He was excited that I am planning to make my own baby food.  My tough little guy got shots again today, two in one leg and one in the other.  I watched them happen this time, the needles were HUGE!  I acted really calm because I don't want Cameron to be scared of the doctor, but yikes.      

Cameron weighed in at 13 pounds 5 ounces and measured 26 inches!  That puts him in the 17th percentile for weight and 83rd percentile for height.  People keep telling me that he seems small for a  4 month old.  Apparently he is small but long!  No wonder it wasn't a crazy idea to dig into the 9 month jammies.  They are still big, but nice and fuzzy and warm so we will use them anyway.  

I was a little concerned that he might be an angry baby all day like he was last night, but he's been pretty good.  Lots of naps and snuggling.  I probably should've napped, too, but instead I tried to be really productive and get this blog rolling so I wouldn't have to stay up until midnight.  Sometimes I'm amazed at how I can feel like I got a lot done, but look around and there is still so much to do.  Gah.  Oh well.  

We ventured out into the cold for one last outdoor photoshoot.  I am probably lying.  I have a feeling we will be back out there.  We had to do this one quick because I didn't dress myself as warm as I dressed my baby.  Brrrrr! 






No comments:

Post a Comment