Sunday, April 21, 2013

Great Weekend!

Yesterday was an amazing day!  It was a very busy day... hubby and I started off the day with some lunch from Cafe Aladdin.  The food there is amazing.  I'll admit that we order the exact same thing every time we eat there, the gyro combo, but it is delicious EVERY TIME!  I'm sure I was supposed to take a picture of my food so everyone could see it, but by the time I thought of that, most of my food was gone.  I guess I'm not good at food blogging.

Next on the agenda, we had maternity photos!  A huge thanks to my friend Heather for taking them for us, I love them!


We were able to use my project as our prop (despite my faulty sewing machine), which I am really excited about.  I'm planning to hang it in baby's room once we get it painted.




And check out hubby's handsome face!  He reminded me that he hadn't shaved since September 9th.  Seven months is way too long long enough if you ask me.  


Another favorite from the photo shoot!  Believe it or not, hubby gets full credit for picking out the dress I wore.  I had my eye on the one right next to it in the store but he insisted that I needed this one.  It's not very often that he gets to be right around here, so I have to give him credit when he actually is.  

After the photo shoot we headed across the river for my baby shower!  The food was wonderful...


Seriously, just look at the cake balls!  


And the company was even better!  I had such a wonderful time!  I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends and family.  Baby Cook was definitely spoiled!  


Today I can really feel that yesterday was a big day.  It might have been a bit too much excitement because I haven't been feeling well today.  So today has been a recovery day, which used to only be necessary after a few cocktails and a long night out on the town.  We did get in a few episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" which is the only perk of feeling under the weather.  Hubby is only willing to put up with shows like that on very select occasions and there is nothing like extremely girly tv to make a person feel better when recovering from an awesome weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping this works...your mom and I are trying this here from work....Amanda, I just wanted to tell you, you are looking so darned cute! And, your hair is getting so long...you look great. So happy for you and your little family. Enjoy your mornings now because in a few months, your days/mornings will be completely different. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete