Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Travels!

This past weekend we took Cameron for his first OVERNIGHT trip!  We went to visit Grandma and Grandpa!

Traveling with a newborn is not the easiest thing hubby and I have ever done.  The trip that would usually take about 3 1/2 hours took more like 6 hours!  We did better on the way home and shaved about an hour off of that.  We'll get the hang of things eventually, but when baby is hungry, we have to stop!

We stopped at the clinic for a weight check for Cameron on the way.  He weighed 8 lbs 8 oz!  So he is gaining!  At his two week appointment he was 7 lbs 13 oz.  And by the way his clothes are fitting (and not fitting) I can definitely tell that he is getting longer!  They didn't check his height, but the next time we go in for a weight check I think I will ask them to.  :)

On our trip I ended up sitting in the back seat so I could keep an eye on Cameron.  Pepper was in the way back all by herself and she didn't really like that.  She wanted to be close to us, so she spent a lot of time like this:


We are looking into getting the cage to keep her all the way in the back.  We don't want her to be trying to climb over the seat.  Poor girl isn't going to like that.  

We had a nice time visiting Grandma and Grandpa.


And we finally got a family picture! 


We used the cloth diapers while we were there.  So grandma got to help out with some diaper laundry.  And Cameron helped, too! Aren't they so cute hanging on the line??  The cow one is definitely my favorite.  The Smurf blanket is Hubby's baby blanket!





When we got home on Sunday it was time to try something new!  My doctor suggested introducing the bottle sometime between 3-4 weeks, so we decided to give it a try.


No problem at all!  I think Cameron really likes getting a bottle from daddy.  I was a little sad, but it will be nice knowing that we can go somewhere and not have to worry about only being away from him for an hour or two!  Especially since our anniversary is coming up!  We might actually get to go out on a date for the first time in a long time!  I wasn't very much fun when I was pregnant... going out to eat really wasn't something I wanted to do.  I'm really glad that I like food again!  In fact, we even stopped to pick up Chinese from our favorite place (the one we used to live by) and took it home with us for supper on Sunday.  It's probably a good thing we don't live next to that place any more.  I have a feeling we would be ordering delivery a lot more than once a week with a baby around!    

Last night Cameron slept right through his usual 1:00 wake up time and made it from 11:00 until 3:00!  That was his first 4 hour stretch!  I would maybe be able to tell that I had an extra hour of sleep, but we were up until midnight anyway because Cameron was WIDE AWAKE after his 11:00 feeding.  So that hour gave us lots of time for stories and lullabies.  I'm curious if he will start sleeping 4 hours at a time every night.  That would be nice!   

1 comment: