Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weekly Wednesday: 37

This past week has been a lot of fun!  

On Saturday I had a mini mommy vacation and headed out of town to visit my best friend from elementary school!  We started off the day with her bridal shower.  I can't wait for her wedding.  She is going to be the most beautiful bride- seriously.  She may have re-introduced me to the joys of the wii... I might have a slight addiction to Just Dance.  (Wait, is that what it's called?  I'm not going to look it up because then I will probably not get this post published until next week sometime.  That's how it starts... "I wonder what that game was called... how much does a wii cost?  I bet I could order that game on Amazon.  It would be here in two days with my Prime membership."  Oh boy, it's better to just guess at the name.)  

Anyway, we even went out to the bar!  I haven't been out for a very long time.  I was a little concerned that I would miss my baby so much that I would be tempted to get home right after the bridal shower.  Surprisingly, it was not as hard as I expected.  It was great to have a baby-free night to recharge.  We stayed up until almost 3am, which is LAAAAATE!  But even though I only got between 4-5 hours of sleep, they were the most glorious consecutive hours!  

The past week Cameron has been practicing really hard with using the sippy cup on his own.  He has also been learning to eat cheerios all by himself!  I bought some training cups on Facebook swap so I think that he will like using those, too, especially since he likes to drink out of real cups when I hold them.  Now he will be able to try a non-sippy without having all of the liquid hit him in the face when he tips the cup too far.  

Cameron has been making the most hilarious noises.  He tries so hard to make us laugh.  Sometimes he will even fake cough to get our attention.  He's really learning how to cruise around in the walker we have (it is the same one Hubby had as a baby!)  He can zoom backwards, but he doesn't quite get how to move forward yet!  

Pepper has been busy trying to keep the coyotes out of our yard.  Creepy, creepy.  Today I let her outside and she tore off toward the field.  I was worried that maybe the coyotes had popped back over the hill and I didn't see them.  Nope, not this time.  This time it was a bald eagle sitting in the field.  Thankfully he flew away without taking Pepper with him.  As much as I do not like the coyotes, I absolutely love that they are my problem now instead of trains and traffic and sirens.  :)  








No comments:

Post a Comment