Monday, October 6, 2014

Country Tea

On Friday we had the pleasure of attending the Twelfth Annual Country Tea.  The tea this year was Mao Feng Noir.    


We started off with a roasted vegetable soup.  Cameron's menu started with cherry tomatoes and goldfish. 


Up next were the assorted tea sandwiches and savories.  My favorites were the curried egg salad with mango chutney (quite possibly the best egg salad I've ever had!) and the delta chicken salad with spiced pecans.  Cameron had his own kiddie sandwiches, but his favorite still came from my plate, the pane cioccolatta with goat cheese and raspberry jam.  He is lucky there were extras so I could share with him. ;)



We continued this delicious meal with ginger scones, Welsh scones, and crumpets.  I'm not sure I can pick a favorite, because I smothered them all in the huckleberry jam or lemon curd.  Yum! 


By the way, I was so excited to chow down that I only took pictures of my sandwiches.  The rest of the pictures are from my cousin Laura, so that's why you can see her name tag.  If you want to see her thoughts on the tea, you can check out her blog http://bfamilytwins.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-most-wonderful-time-of-year.html?m=1

All of the desserts were amazing, but my favorite was the chocolate cheesecake with chocolate ganache.  This was Hubby's favorite out of his goody bag, too.  Cameron's dessert menu included animal crackers, chocolate teddy grahams, and banana slices.  His favorite were the bananas and carrot cake.  


We finished the meal with Dom Pedro, a delicious blend of ice cream and kaluah.  


Oh, did I mention the champagne?  This tea party doesn't mess around.  We were served Pannier Brut.  

Cameron did really well considering he doesn't like to be confined to his high chair for longer than a quick meal.  


Here he is on the way to the tea.  We love his new hat that I scored this spring on super clearance from Gap.  

Don't mind our paint challenged house- we had been busy scraping with plans to repaint, but we've been busy with everything else so that has gotten bumped to the end of the to-do list.  


No comments:

Post a Comment