Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vacation Time!

Hubby and I enjoyed a wonderful vacation last week.  It was the longest we've gone without Cameron!  And guess what- we all survived!  In fact, it was easier being gone than I expected it to be.  

We visited the national park where we had our honeymoon.  It is so beautiful up there.  However instead of having our houseboat we camped the entire week.  We found a perfect little island with a nice beach to call home for our stay.






Other than a few rain storms, a chilly morning, and an annoying little mouse that thought he should sleep on top of our tent, it was perfect!  Oh, I almost forgot about our mosquito friends.  We called them our friendly neighborhood mosquitos because how else do you make light of the swarms that attack immediately as you step out of your tent?   I've never wished for a bottle of 100% deet until this camping trip.  Thankfully we could escape them on the boat and they disbursed to a bearable number when the sun came out from hiding! 



We had one unfortunate boat trip where we ended up trapped by a storm.  I was pretty scared.  The waves were huge and the rain was pouring!  


I took this picture after we made it off the big lake where the water was much calmer.  That's the problem with not having cell service.  No weather map!  I didn't miss anything else about my lack of internet (although we could've used some new music for our honeymoon playlist).   


We made it back to the campsite in time to turn our shade into a rain/wind shelter and clothesline.  The picture of me hiding out with a pile of sopping wet clothes and towels (that I had left out to dry in the hot hot sun. Lesson learned.) is trapped on Hubby's camera that we don't have a cord for! 

Anyway- enough storm talk! Hubby and I turned into quite awesome campfire chefs.  We invested in a really cool Dutch oven and I don't know how we ever camped without it!!  We had fresh biscuits, croissants, cookies, monkey bread, and all kinds of fun things that I never thought we could have on a camping trip!  





It was a great trip!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment